Thursday 21 February 2013

MAC Pro Palette Preferred Pinks Review


I could not be more excited about my new MAC pro lip palette (Preferred Pinks). Packaged in a hand held transparent palette which closes magnetically and of course wouldn't be MAC without their statement vanilla essence, it could not be more practical for slipping in to your clutch or make up bag.
                                

MAC brought out the palette firstly in MAC Pro stores in August 2012 then later online in October. There are five different colored palettes (Containing Reds, Oranges,  Plums, Browns and Pinks). Each with six different shades. 
The palette provides a mixture of shades and textures including Violetta (amplified creme), Show Orchid (amplified creme), Creme de la Femme (frost), Lovelorn (lustre), Please me (matte) and Pretty Please (lustre). Each pan of lipstick is less than you’d get in a tube, however, it gives you a good idea of which shade is your favourite before you splurge on the real deal. 
I wasn’t sure whether you were meant to use your finger to apply the lipstick and when I tried it didn't provide the coverage that I wanted. I struggled to get any color on my finger without numerous attempts. I was lucky enough to have my MAC lip brush 318 on standby. Using a lip brush sealed the deal and resulted in some seriously voluptuous lips. I would say one application lasts for 2-3 hours before having to touch up.
Pretty Please: A lovely neutral shade which would be perfect for everyday use, you can't go wrong here. I prefer to add a few coats to get the full glossy look but equally looks good with one layer.
Pretty Please

Please Me: I have to say I’m not the biggest fan of matte and was a bit apprehensive of the color itself BUT when I put it on it felt and looked very natural. I would suggest to wear this for work or an interview. 
Pretty Please, Please Me, Lovelorn, Creme de la Femme, Show Orchid and Violetta.

Lovelorn: Not much I can say other than I LOVE lovelorn. All it makes me want to do is pout. It applies evenly and smoothly no matter how much you use, I think I will purchase the lipstick.

Lovelorn


Creme de la Femme: A cool pink with hints of gold shimmer and purple. I will wear it but its not my favourite.

Show Orchid

Show Orchid and Violetta: Now where to start with these two Vibrant and out there colors. I was hesitant to put them both on as I tend not to go to the extreme with bright coloured lips. However I bit the bullet and... I love them both. The Violetta is a warm purple applies smoothly with an intense sheen and the Show Orchid a hot pink with an amplified creme finish. 
Violetta

The great thing about this palette is even if a color or two isn't quite your cup of tea you can mix and match to find a color which is. 

I am wearing a mixture of Violetta and Pretty Please.
You can find these beautiful limited edition palettes online at www.maccosmetics.com priced at £35. Considering one lipstick ranges from £14-£15.50 and your getting SIX (that’s without creating your own). That is what “wee” would call an ultimate purchase.



No comments:

Post a Comment