Wednesday 20 February 2013

MAC Lipstick Review


I’ve been a huge fan of MAC lipsticks for as long as I can remember and I’m pretty addicted to lipsticks in general. I’d almost go as far as saying that I rarely leave the house without it on! MAC is my go to brand for a good quality, long lasting lipstick. I can’t resist a nude or light pink lip and these shades are definitely dominating my make up bag just now.

These are the lipsticks that we currently own (along with a sizeable amount of empties *sob sob*).



Ravishing, Brave Red, Snob, Chatterbox, Gaga, Nicki

Brave Red (cremesheen)
This is a deep red shade that is bound to get you noticed on a night on the tiles! The cremesheen finish gives your lips a striking glossy shine and medium coverage. Personally, I prefer lipsticks with a relatively matte finish as I find glossy lipsticks a bit high maintenance on a night out. The staying power is amazing, having to only top up every few hours or so. Overall, this is a fantastic, bold red that I would definitely recommend.

Me wearing Brave Red and Kirsty wearing Pretty Please 

Snob (satin)
Now, where to start with this one? Snob is my absolute favourite shade MAC, or any other brand has to offer and it is always kept in my make-up bag. As I said I’m a huge fan of light pink shades and this one is perfect. The satin finish doesn't have such a creamy consistency that cremesheen does and is slightly more glossy than matte, a perfect combination in my eyes.  As snob is a fairly bright pink, steer clear if you’ve overdone the fake tan if you want to avoid looking like a walking Barbie doll. I often wear it during the day in which case I’ll only apply a subtle amount, if I’m going out I’ll apply more. That’s the beauty of many MAC shades, they’re buildable.

Me wearing Snob
Viva Glam-Gaga (satin)
Around 2 years ago I was obsessed with this lipstick and went through 4 tubes. It’s the perfect shade for a night out, or even during the day. It’s hydrating so doesn’t dry out your lips. The more dramatic the look you’re going for, the more you apply. It’s fairly similar to Snob but I grew tired of wearing it after so long. I definitely recommend this shade.

Viva Glam-Nicki (satin)
A lot of people like to compare Nicki and Gaga but in my eyes they are two completely different shades. It is a very bold neon pink shade which you have to be pretty brave to wear. I can’t say I am (hence the love of pale pinks and nudes) so it hasn’t had many wears unfortunately. It does have amazing staying power though. It is pretty drying on the lips so it’s not for everyone.

Chatterbox (amplified)
I got this shade for my birthday a few years ago and I think it is an ideal shade to wear for a night out or in the summer.  The amplified finish is similar to cremesheen but longer lasting. It is a bright, red-pink so it is easy to wear and quickly adds a dash of colour to the face that is not too overwhelming. It applies very easily and is very pigmented so only a few applications are needed to complete your look.

Ravishing (cremesheen)
Ravishing is a light peachy coral shade, ideal for the Autumn months. I really don’t suit shades like this as it washes me out too much. Overall, a nice shade if it suits you, perfect for everyday wear.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this review and if you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment